Monday, July 16, 2007

Episode 8 - Ryan


I have to admit this one was a tear jerker for me.The bond that Ryan and Clark share is just priceless and I always wished I had that growing up.Wasn't it the best when Clark just zoomed up in there and rescued him from SummerHolt.

I have said it before and I will say it again on how nice it would be to have the kind of money and power the Luthers have.Lex really impressed me the way he just walked up and shut the docter from Summerholt down.
I also loved the way that Ryan casually told Martha that he knew she was pregnant.Now I don't know about you, but I didn't see that one coming.lol.As you know the reasons are revealed in later episodes why she kept it a secret, but at this time you would have thought she would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

I so loved the determination with Clark and trying to find a way to save Ryan.Even when everybody around him was telling him to just accept fate, Clark wouldn't have it.After this part is when the water works started for me.

When Ryan told Clark that it was so loud and Clark once again braved his fear of heights to make Ryan's wish come true.This is what makes Clark not only a Hero ,but a Super Hero in my book.



3 comments:

Monika I. said...

dont laugh but i actully cried in the end of this episode :( so sad...

jenadoressmallville said...

Aww Michael, you post so true..everything you said. This is one of my fave episodes. The relationship that Ryan and Clark had is so touching and especially the time they had in the hot air ballon..what a beautiful friendship. I cried it was so touching.

I do so admire Clark's determination to save Ryan and his loyalty to his friends and family. He is such a great role model.

It is amazing how Lex is never afraid to say exactly what he wants, feels etc..the truth may be distorted be his family holds such power with their money and the fear they instill in others to abide by their command, wishes, etc.

twfansite said...

@monika - Believe me , I definitely wouldn't laugh at you for that.It really got to me as well.lol

@jennifer - I guess we all got choked up about how caring and loving this episode was.He is definitely a great role model and Tom probably don't know how many people in the real world he is saving with his acting.

I only wish I had Smallville to turn to when I was in high school.It would have helped me through a lot of tough times.

I guess that is one big thing I admire about Lex, I have always been like Clark in the way of keeping a lot of feelings to myself.When it probably would have been better to speak up.lol